The June 2014 Irish Supercomputer List was released on June 30, increasing the number of installations by over 50%. That’s 8 new machines in 6 months!
Some quick facts about the machines currently on the list:
- Total CPU cores: almost 70,000
- Total Accelerator cores: over 100,000
- Total RAM (15 reporting): 73TB
- Total Storage (10 reporting): 1172TB
- Most machines (6/23): Trinity College Dublin
- Top Vendor: Dell 29% (6/21 reporting)
- Most popular chip: Intel (20/23)
- Number of machines per sector: Academia(12), Industry(7), Other(4)
- Total performance: 676TFlop
- Average performance: 30TFlop
Where is your machine? email us!